a Board-Cerified Family Practitioner, has a special concern with chronic pain management. Dr. Larry's special concern is in Trigger Point Therapy, which deals with relief of pain and muscle spasms of the neck and back. Dr; Larry Sobel also has a Master’s degree in Public Health. Dr; Larry Sobel also has a Master’s degree in Public Health.
Dr. Larry also has many years experience as an emergency room doctor. In addition, Dr. Larry is a certified FAA examiner for Pilots.
Larry Sobel finished his family practice residency in 1981 and moved to Phoenix, Arizona. He began practice as an emergency room physician at John C. Lincoln Medical Center in September of 1981. He continued to practice there until November of 1983 when he opened his family practice at Tatum & Shea Blvd. His brother Bruce Sobel, D.O. joined the practice in September of 1987 and his wife Audrey Sobel, R.P.T. also joined the group in 1987. After 23 years of practice in Phoenix, his enthusiasm for the profession remains unabated.
- University of Michigan,Ann Arbor (1969-1973)
- Bachelor's of General Studies
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Wayne State University School of Medicine (1974-1978)
- Earned Degree of Medical Doctor
- Graduated in Upper Third of Class
- Providence Hospital-Intership,Southfield, Michigan (1978-1979)
- Providence Hospital-Residency in the Department of Family Medicine (1979-1981)
Master's of Public Health Candidate
- Arizona College of Public Health, 2003
- Concentration in Health Care Administration
- Special Interest in Web-based Health Care Development
- American Board of Family Practice 1981
- Recertified 1988
- Recertified 1995
- Recertified 2002
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member 1981-present
- Diplomate and Fellow, F.A.A.F.P.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Full range of family medicine excluding OB care
- Hospital Priviledges at Paradise Valley and Scottsdale Shea
- Aviation Medical Examiner appointed by FAA 1995-Present for Class II and III
- Civil Surgeon appointed by the Department of Immigration and Naturalization 1999-Present
- Official Vaccination Station for the State Of Arizona, Arizona Department of Health Services